Unesco Gran Canaria
Discover Unesco Gran Canaria World heritage with Sky Rebels
Covid-19: Check our new protocol for our tours
Unesco Gran Canaria, do you want to learn more?
From 07/07/2019, Risco Caido and the sacred mountains of Gran Canaria belongs to UNESCO World Heritage. We want to show you this amazing area so you will understand the history and culture of Canarian aborigines.
One of the best hidden secrets in the island, the Sacred Mountains are located at the North East side, an almost inaccessible area that has remained untouched for centuries. This is the area where you can really understand what the traditional lifestyle of the first inhabitants of Gran Canaria has been, and how we still preserve part of this enormous cultural and natural wealth.
Likewise, this entire area has been considered a Biosphere Reserve since 2005.
Unesco Gran Canaria: The route
We will pick you up at our hotel entrance (located in Maspalomas) from 8.45 to 9.15 (we will let you know the exact pickup time when you confirm your booking) with “Lupita” – our new climatized minivan ready for a maximum of 6 passengers.
Heading to Mogan Village, we are going to take an amazing road to the center of the island and the sacred mountains of Gran Canaria. We are going to make several stops before getting there.
Our next stop will be at the Roque Bentayga visitors center to learn the legend of this “almogaren” and the rituals that the Canarios used to do in this sacred place.
Artenara, a small city full of charm where we are going to see a nice cave house museum and a beautiful church.
We are going to stop for a picnic lunch with Spanish homemade food in a picnic area where locals use to visit during the weekend.
Heading back to the center of the island, we are going to stop in several point to contemplate incredible views. Then, we are going to stop in Tunte (San Bartolomé de Tirajana) for a coffee (not included on price) before heading to our last stop:
La Fortaleza de Ansite, The Last Redoubt of Aboriginal Resistance Against the Spanish Conquerors.
- Small groups for a maximum of 6 people per day
- Homemade food prepared by ourselves
- No commercial stops guaranteed
- Available in English and Spanish
- Private tour “out of the guide”: you will discover places only known by locals.
- Solo traveller? please contact us for a direct booking
- Transfer from hotels located in Maspalomas and Mogan touristic areas.
- Accident and liability insurances.
- Individual hygiene kit: hydroalcoholic gel, disposable surgical mask,
- Sun protection
- Cameras and mobiles with a full battery
- There are differences in temperatures up to 15ºC on the different points we are going to visit. A jumper is recommended just in case. Warm clothes in winter.
- Comfortable shoes.
Pick up from Maspalomas (accommodation in: Bahía Feliz, Playa del Aguila, San Agustín, Playa del Inglés, Campo Internacional, Sonnenland, Maspalomas, Meloneras, Pasito Blanco, Salobre):
- 1 passenger (full seat row reservation): € 220
- 2 passengers (full seat row reservation): € 110 / passenger
- 3 passengers (full row of seats): € 90 / passenger
- 4 or more passengers (complete vehicle reservation): € 90 / passenger
Pick up from Mogán (accommodation in: Arguineguín, Patalavaca, Puerto Rico, Amadores, Playa del Cura, Tauro, Taurito, Puerto de Mogán):
- 1 passenger (full seat row reservation): € 220
- 2 passengers (full seat row reservation): € 120 / passenger
- 3 passengers (full row of seats): € 95 / passenger
- 4 or more passengers (complete vehicle reservation): € 95 / passenger
Due to actual Covid-19 situation, and in order to facilitate the procedure in case of cancellation, at the moment we are not taking online bookings. If you are interested about this tour, please fill the following contact form and we will get back to you:
- Daniel W
Had a great day experiencing the island and it’s history. Our tour was very unique and including a home made lunch which was unexpected and very tasty.
The... read more
If you are looking for a more personal and higher quality experience than the large bus commercial tours, the team at Sky Rebels is it. They were fun, friendly and... read more
This is a first class tour from start to finish. We were picked up from our hotel right on time in an immaculate minivan. We were a couple and... read more
Fantastic day out seeing so much.
Great hosts an unforgettable day. Visited places that were amazing and given so much information about Gran Canaria.
Nothing to fault at... read more
Having come to Gran Canaria for many years we wanted to learn more about the island and experience it through the eyes of local Canarians. We booked this tour on... read more
This couple puts so much much energy and details into their tour, you will have a wonderful time. Our experience was above and beyond any regular tour, their love... read more