Caves in Gran Canaria
Caves in Gran Canaria
Did you hear about the troglodyte way of life in Gran Canaria? Yes, nowadays there’s still people living this way in our island; the fact is that the ancient Canarians built incredible cave houses on different locations, some of them are comparable to real castles.
In this half day trip in Gran Canaria, we are going to show you ashtonishg locations far from the crowds and touristic spots.
Also, you are going o learn how people took advantage of the watercourses to create “ingenios”, mills and water supply, and how sugar production worked until the XIX century.
Finally, we will visit a charming fishermen town where you will enjoy the local beaches and learn some old stories.
Caves in Gran Canaria: The route
Sugar production was the economic engine of Gran Canaria for several centuries; and the town of Ingenio was a great productive center of this industry. You will discover this beautiful town and learn a little more about the smart use of water in this place.
There are lots of examples of caves in Gran Canaria. Some of them are daily visited by hundreds of tourists. However, there are others that are little known but that show surprising architecture. We will visit one of these places that, we promise, will leave you speechless.
The local beach
Outside of the touristic spots, there are cute beach locations in Gran Canaria in which until not so long ago public services like electricity or water distribution was a chimera. We are going to show you one place where one of our guides will tell you a story of his own childhood.
- Small groups of maximum 6 people per day
- Local food tasting
- Without commercial stops
- Available in English and Spanish
- Duration of the tour: 4 hours
- Ideal for families
Price for Caves in Gran Canaria tour
60 € per passenger
Launch offer!!! –> 45 € / passenger
Please remember to check this box when you book, so you will get 15 € discount per passenger
- Departures only from Maspalomas.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes. However, we will contact you the day before the trip with the detailed weather forecast.
- Although the walking distance is short, this activity is not recommended to people with heart problems, walking difficulties or similar.
- Bring, at least, 1,5 litres of water with you.
- Sun protection: sun cream, caps, sunglasses.
- In summer: swimsuit and towel in case that you want to take a dip at the beach.
Cancellation policy for Caves in Gran Canaria tour
- The company reserves the right to cancel the activity for technical or meteorological reasons. In this case the amount paid will be refunded.
- If the client cancels the activity with more than 48 hours notice, the amount paid will be refunded, except for a 10% handling fee per passenger.
- If the client cancels the activity with less than 48 hours notice, no refund will be made.
- In any of the following cases, Sky Rebels will not refund the client:
- The client is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- The activity is cancelled due to the client’s deliberate delay or failure to attend the activity.